Visit us tomorrow to find the answer
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
If you would like to know how to access this free online resource from home, please follow the following steps:
- Go to http://www.osterhout.lib.pa.us/
- Click on the POWER Library icon as below:
- Enter the barcode number on the back of your Luzerne County Library Card
- Go to the General Reference or Newspaper/Magazines/ Websites section and click on EBSCOhost
- Click on EBSCOhost Web
- Click on MasterFile Premier
- Click on Publications from the green navigation box from the top
- Type in "Consumer Reports" in the Browse Publications box
- Click on the "Consumer Reports" from the list of results
- Click on Search within this Publication
- Type in the name of the item in the search box; e.g.:
Find: vacuum cleaners and JN "Consumer Reports"
- Finally click on search to get the list of results
You may want to limit your search to "Full Text" articles only so that you can read or print the article right from your computer. You can always come to the library if the EBSCOhost does not provide access to particular Full Text articles.
Congratulations to our WINNERS
please try again
We will post a new question every Monday
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
• You must be 12 years of age or younger.
• Entry Deadline is Friday, March 23, 2007 at 5:00 p.m. Return entry form to any library in the
Luzerne County Library System. (See list of libraries on reverse side of form.)
• Draw your original artwork in the provided box. It cannot contain any copyright protected material.
• Your artwork will be reduced to fit on the new card. Please use bold colors. You may use markers,
crayons, pencils, paints, pastels or pens.
• The judges will select two designs that will be created on the new children’s library card. That means
two winners! Winners will be announced during National Library Week, April 15-21, 2007.
Actual Card size–
3.375” x 2.125”
If you want to enter the contest click on the L ibrary Card Design Contest for the details and the entry form.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Fun Fest: Games, Prizes, and a Movie, The Mummy (with Boris Karloff)
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
LAPTTOTS : Computer class for the 2-5 year old
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
King Tut: The program will examine the religious, artistic and cultural changes that took place during the reigns of famous pharaoh Akhenaten and his probable son Tutankhamun during the “Amarna, Ancient Egypt's Place in the Sun" and the Franklin Institute's Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs" will be included.
Investment Fraud Program
10:00 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Toddler Story Time
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Heritage Quest Online: Online Genealogy Research Training
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Toddler Story Time
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Dance in Egypt: Celebration of Daily Life: Program for children presented by Barbara Siegel known as Habiba, presenter from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Outreach Lecture Program, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archeology and Anthropology. Habiba has been a performer, teacher and workshop instructor for over 25 years. She has made numerous trips to Tunisia and Egypt to document traditional dance styles and to perform. Her articles on Tunisian and Egyptian dance have appeared in many dance publications like Habibi and Arabesque She is a Fellow of the University of Pennsylvania Middle East Center and an outreach lecturer at the University Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology of the University of Pennsylvania. She has been a passionate advocate in creating new audiences for Middle Eastern dance. She has been a guest lecturer at Philadelphia’s University of the Arts and the Middle East Institute, Washington, DC. In 1997 she was inducted into the American Academy of Middle Eastern Dance "Hall of Fame" and has been named IAMED’s " Ethnic Dancer of the Year 2001."
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
eBay: Learn how to Buy or Sell on eBay
Barnes and Noble Bookfair to support the Osterhout Free Library. During the week of April 15-21, simply present the voucher at the cash register at the time of purchase. A percentage of the net sale will be donated to the Osterhout Free Library.